Product Safety Engineer- Care
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position will be responsible for Product Safety of appliances within the NA Product Safety Group. This position will report to the Product Safety & Standards Manager, while interfacing with the Company’s engineering and legal departments to provide technical assistance and support to Risk Management while maintaining Product Safety requirements of appliances.
- Lead Product Safety activities and ensure R&D is kept informed of new regulations and requirements.
- Lead Product Safety Risk Assessment activities.
- Provide testimony and research for legal complaints for design, manufacturing, and the operation of appliances.
- Implement Safety standards and key learnings from litigation and customer complaints.
- Conduct research and testing to evaluate product safety and implement Safety standards and key learnings from litigation and customer complaints.
- Lead standard activities and documentation requirements within EPM and related project databases.
- Proactively resolves product safety, regulatory, and compliance issues.
- Participate in Technical Design Previews (TDP’s) and Project Management (EPM) meetings to provide feedback related to safety to ensure integration of regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Helps develop departmental policies and procedures and insure consistency within the Product Safety Group.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You look at everything from every angle, distilling the core message and putting it together in a way that excites and delights.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in engineering preferred, preferably Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or relevant technical degree and related experience.
- 5 years plus years minimum appliance product design related experience or equivalent through acquired technical knowledge.
- Leadership experience preferred with a proven track record of setting and achieving KPIs.
- Experience in technical writing with a strong Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Experience and basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing, and assembly principles.
- Proven track record of setting and achieving KPIs.
- Skilled in technical writing.
- Proven presence that commands the respect and trust of customers and employees at all levels with the organization.
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting, and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints,
- Strong aptitude for details.
- Basic understanding of engineering, manufacturing, and assembly principles.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.