Senior Service Designer
Dream it. Design it. Do it.
Curitiba - PR
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
And we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We're currently looking for our new Service Designer, who will be responsible for leading the discovery, prototyping, design and delivery of service design projects.
A typical day at work
Designing outstanding experiences lies at the heart of everything we do. This is about creating innovative and desirable products that are seamlessly part of our consumers’ daily lives. In a world where everything in the home is becoming connected, the role we play in Design ensures that every experience has that human connection. Great design creates outstanding consumer experiences and helps shape living for the better.
As a Service Designer, you will help us in our purpose by working to ensure the delivery of human-centered service experiences that exceed expectations. You will lead your own service design projects, including aspects such as user research, gathering and analysis of operational data, the development of personas, journey maps and service blueprints and the creation of prototypes and tests. You must communicate project updates and present service design outputs to senior stakeholders, keeping the company's goals (strategic, commercial and policy-related) and accessibility, sustainability and ethics at the forefront of your creation process.
You will also collaborate to team projects in matters of defining scope and planning for service design projects across multiple areas and functions. In order to do that, you must apply a research-based, design-led approach. You will be expected to proactively seek out strategic partnerships across the organization at every level, using visual and verbal storytelling to share your discoveries, gather and integrate feedback and influence stakeholders. You will also collaborate remotely with Electrolux studios on Stockholm, Charlotte, and Singapore.
Other responsibilities will be to actively shape and lead design meetings and critiques and to mentor and develop other designers in order to promote growth in the capabilities of the team.
As part of the culture of continuous improvement, you will be involved in Lean Thinking projects and activities (EMS/C2W).
Who are you?
- Innovative: you're able to use your skills to adjust your way of doing
work, always aiming for continuous improvement;
- Collaborative: you're able to keep good professional relationships, working alongside others to deliver better results;
- Systematic: you're detail-oriented, have good critical skills, and you're able to analyse a situation, identifying problems and proposing solutions;
- Communicative: you can apprehend and deliver information with clarity, adapting to different situations and speakers.
- Bachelor's degree in Service Design, Interaction Design or related areas;
- Strong professional experience with Service Design;
- Portfolio of relevant design work for evaluation;
- Cross-platform design experience across all parts of the customer journey;
- Experience with integrating multiple systems and platforms;
- Experience with concept and ideation;
- Knowledge in Design thinking and human-centered design;
- Advanced English;
- Portuguese and Spanish are a benefit.
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.