Site Reliability Engineer
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooling, heating and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Site Reliability Engineer – Stockholm, Sweden
The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) owns and develops the infrastructure needed for the Electrolux Connectivity Platform (ECP) and supporting services. The SRE is also responsible for making sure the services – both internal and external systems - have the characteristics and qualities needed for the intended use.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
You will work to understand the operational requirements (OLA’s) and develop an infrastructure architecture and tools that meet these requirements. You will monitor the performance of the system and refine the management of the infrastructure from both a performance and cost perspective so that it is optimal and balanced at all times.
You will also work closely with our DevOps teams to deliver efficiently by empowering them with excellent tools that you develop. These might be for example monitoring tools, infrastructure pipeline components etc.
You have the capacity to coach and lead the team working in the SRE space.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• International. You are used to a global environment with colleagues all over the world.
• Great listener and communicator. You will join a truly global team and work with other Electrolux offices around the world on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly.
• Proactive. You are keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. You are self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
• Creative. You like to explore new ways of thinking and you are oriented towards innovation.
• Team work oriented. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should be comfortable in dealing with people with different backgrounds and responsibility, valuing and leading team work approach.
• Mentoring others. You enjoy helping others grow, always keen to share your knowledge and hear out other perspectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Several years of experience in large-scale distributed systems
• Experience in several of: Java, Node.js, Python, Go, Kafka, SQL, MongoDB, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Stackdriver, Prometheus, Grafana, Terraform, Azure/AWS/GCP, Linux
• TCP/IP networking skills
• A systematic problem-solving approach with strong troubleshooting skills
• Interested in IoT and smart home, maybe with a special interest in your own smart home automation