Software Engineer (m/w/d)
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Software Engineer – Rothenburg o.d. Tauber, Germany (m/w/d)
We are looking for a Software Engineer that will join our R&D Department in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany and who will get to shape the future of cooking. What you also need to know from us is that what makes us stand apart in this respect is building products both cost efficient and reliable.
Our lab in Germany is part of a network of labs spread across the world - the other two ones are in the US and China and you will also be in close connection with our colleagues in Tlay. Hence, on a daily basis you will be interacting with your colleagues from abroad and not only you will extensively use your English knowledge, but you will also get to learn about new cultures, see different points of view and you will get to experience how it is to be part of a really global organization. From time to time you will also travel to other locations to meet other teams and exchange knowledge and experiences.
As Software Engineer you will be responsible for software design and software maintenance of the electronic platform of the relevant subsystem.
• Write SW specification starting from functional specification of related subsystem
• Create reliable SW solutions in compliance with internal SW development guidelines for embedded HW platforms
• Write SW in a modular way, to be reused as much as possible across different HW platforms
• Define and execute SW test plan
• Observe the embedded design market, new technologies and tools for SW development
• Analyze quality data coming from the market, identify root cause of quality issues, organize and execute quality improvement plans related to SW
• Team player. In this role cross-functional collaboration is everything, so you should like to work in groups as well as on your own.
• Proactive. You’re not just solving the tasks you are given, you always think ahead.
• Good listener and communicator. You will become the spider in the web and work with other Electrolux departments on a daily basis – therefore these attributes are key for making projects run smoothly.
• Traveling is in your DNA. You want to explore the business world across geographies.
Education & experience
• Minimum 5 years experience programming in C for embedded systems.
• Experience in software development according defined process in a large team.
• Thorough background in Software Engineering.
• Sophisticated habit in using VCS.
• Thorough background in Software Design Patterns.
• Drive for Clean Code and Software Quality (e.g. unit test, TDD).
• Understanding of Continues Integration/Delivery/Deployment.
• Linux experience is a plus.
• UML know-how.
• Basic understanding of embedded hardware and microcontroller (bare-metal) programming.
• Background in safety critical software development and EMC robust software design is a plus.
• Knowledge of international safety standards for household appliances is a plus.
• Fluent English, German is a plus.